Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Former Rockingham jail administrator to admit to theft
She allegedly manipulated the payroll records at the Rockingham County jail, where her husband worked as a corrections officer, overbilling the county thousands of dollars.
The thefts date back to at least July 2012, according to indictments.
Nelson and her husband, Keith, were suspended in May and no longer work for the county.
Prosecutors and Nelson’s lawyer have agreed to let a judge ultimately decide Nelson’s punishment after they make their arguments at an upcoming court hearing, according to court records.
Defense lawyer Gerard LaFlamme asked a judge for a pre-sentence investigation to help craft a potential sentence. He asked the court for a May court date.
“Knowing what I know, she probably needs to go to jail,” Coyle said. “When you’re in a position of public trust and handling the public’s money, you need to go to jail.”
Nelson being allowed to review her husband’s time sheet was part of the problem, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood - 1
- Judge lifts no-contact order - 0
- Suspected rioter faces felony charge in Keene - 3
- Hudson man charged with impersonating police officer - 1
- Fashion-conscience robber hits Rochester bank - 0
- Report: Student opens fire at Washington state high school; gunman reported dead - 3
- Accident results in DWI charge for Hudson man - 0
- Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad - 16
- No murder charge in fatal stabbing of city man - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483