Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester police: Homeless man tried 3 robberies
On Monday, Robert Oxley, 31, told a Circuit Court-Manchester District Division judge that he’s homeless.
Police said Oxley’s first target was Crosstown Variety, 77 Bremer St., about 6 p.m. Friday.
The would-be robber fled, but didn’t go too far. His next target was the Bremer Street Food Mart, 218 Bremer St., where the clerk not only refused to hand over money, but also chased the robber out of the store.
As he pulled up, he saw a man matching the description of the robber enter the store and walk to the counter where the clerk was standing.
In addition to the three felony robbery charges, Oxley was charged with resisting arrest. Because no plea can be entered to a felony in Circuit Court, a probable cause hearing was set for Feb. 24.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth