Manchester CrimeWatch: Two men charged in Macy’s theft in Manchester
MANCHESTER — Bail was set at $15,000 cash-only Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division for Pedro Molina, 35, of 162 Central St., who was arraigned on felony charges of robbery and falsifying physical evidence and a misdemeanor of resisting arrest.
A police prosecutor said Molina stole $486 in merchandise from Macy’s and when a loss prevention officer sought to stop him, Molina pulled out a black folding knife and said: “I’ll cut you if you come near me.”
Police said that although Molina discarded the knife in an attempt to conceal the evidence, it was located. He fled, but was captured.
Bail conditions bar contact with the loss prevention officer and bar Molina from the Mall of New Hampshire.
A probable cause hearing on the felonies was set for Feb. 24, when there will be a status hearing on the misdemeanor resisting arrest charge.
Police said Leo Dos Reis, 25, of 512 Milton St., was working with Molina in a shoplifting scheme that devolved into a robbery and he was charged with criminal liability to robbery, criminal threatening, for allegedly saying he had a gun and would shoot, as well as resisting arrest.
A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for Feb. 24 and trial on the misdemeanors was set for March 11.
Dos Reis insisted he wasn’t involved in the robbery, telling Judge William Lyons that he was just shopping and didn’t know Molina.
Police prosecutor Sgt. Stephen Reardon said the two men have been committing similar thefts in the mall and were finally caught.
Accused of firing shots
Alexis Nieves, 28, of 137 Massabesic St., could enter no plea Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony charge of reckless conduct.
A police prosecutor successfully requested $50,000 cash/surety bail for Nieves, saying that after Nieves was forced to leave a Valley Street restaurant Dec. 21, he fired at least two shots. A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for Feb. 24.
Bail was set at $1,000 cash/surety on a charge of driving without a license, for which he failed to appear in Lebanon District Division. A new court date for that violation was set for March 20.
The prosecutor said Nieves is subject to a suspended six-month sentence in connection with his guilty pleas Friday in Circuit Court to November 2013 charges of drug possession, second offense operating without a valid license and speeding.
Bail granted for sexual assault
Police prosecutors Monday successfully sought $100,000 cash/surety bail in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division for a former university student accused of aggravated felonious sexual assault.
El Mehdi Mohandi, 26, of 96 Prospect St., is accused of sexually assaulting a person last November at a Kosciuszko Street location after the victim did not give consent.
Police prosecutor Sgt. Stephen Reardon said another man involved in the incident has fled the country, going to Saudi Arabia, and police want to keep Mohandi from fleeing the country.
Reardon said Mohandi had been a student at a local university, but after he admitted to the crime during school proceedings, he was expelled and his student visa revoked.
Reardon requested bail conditions barring Mohandi from contact with the alleged victim, barring him from leaving the state and requiring a signed waiver of extradition before release on bail. “We are concerned for the safety of the victim,” said Reardon.
Judge William Lyons set bail at the requested amount and a probable cause hearing was set for Feb. 24.
DWI, drug charges
A Chichester man was arraigned Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on a felony charge of possession of a narcotic (heroin) and a misdemeanor of Driving While Intoxicated.
Thomas Luksza, 55, of 2 Pond Road, could enter no plea to the felony drug charge, so a probable cause hearing was set for Feb. 24. Trial was set March 11 on the DWI misdemeanor. Bail is $2,500 cash/surety.
Seeks different lodging
Ryan Pelletier, 38, of 568 Beech St., pleaded innocent Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to six simple assault charges and one of criminal mischief. He is accused of assaulting his girlfriend and several other people and of throwing his girlfriend’s television off a dresser.
Trial was set for March 11 and bail is $5,000 cash/surety, with conditions barring contact with the alleged victims.
Pelletier asked Judge William Lyons to send him to a different jail, saying of Valley Street: “I will not go back there.” But Lyons told him that the Legislature gave the power to jail superintendents to determine where a prisoner will be housed.
A Derry man who is out on parole was arraigned Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on a felony robbery charge. Aaron Drolet, 35, of 49 Frost Road, could enter no plea to the felony, which alleges that during a theft from the Macy’s Store in the Mall of New Hampshire, he kicked and punched a loss prevention officer who attempted to stop him.
Bail was set at $5,000 cash/surety, but a police prosecutor said Drolet’s parole officer has placed a 72-hour hold on him. A probable cause hearing was set for Feb. 24.