Home » News » Public Safety
Keene man hurt after near head-on collision
Joseph Rice, 23, was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon for treatment.
Winchester police, firefighters and ambulance workers responded to the scene on Route 10/Keene Road about one-half mile south of Coombs Bridge Road at 4:13 p.m.
Castor took evasive action by pulling into the breakdown lane, but was unable to avoid the Jeep from striking the driver side of the box truck, police said. The box truck continued into the breakdown land and flipped over onto the passenger side a short distance off of the roadway.
Police said Nichols saw the box truck and swerved to the center of the road to avoid striking the box truck and was struck on the passenger side with what appeared to be the rear of the Jeep after it struck the box truck, police said.Rice suffered serious injuries and had to pulled from the Jeep, after which he was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change