Home » News » Public Safety
Keene man seriously injured in Winchester crash
Joseph Rice, 23, of Keene, was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
Winchester police, firefighters and ambulance workers responded to the scene on Route 10/Keene Road about one-half mile south of Coombs Bridge Road at 4:13 p.m.
Castor took evasive action by pulling into the breakdown lane, but he was unable to avoid the Jeep, which struck the driver's side of the box truck, police said. The box truck continued into the breakdown land and flipped over onto the passenger side a short distance off the roadway.
Police said Nichols saw the box truck and swerved to the center of the road to avoid striking the box truck and was struck on the passenger side with what appeared to be the rear of the Jeep after it struck the box truck, police said.
Winchester was assisted at the scene by Swanzey firefighters, Keene and Diluzio ambulance services, state police, and the Cheshire County Sheriff's Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket