Home » News » Public Safety
Keene man seriously injured in Winchester crash
Joseph Rice, 23, of Keene, was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
Winchester police, firefighters and ambulance workers responded to the scene on Route 10/Keene Road about one-half mile south of Coombs Bridge Road at 4:13 p.m.
Castor took evasive action by pulling into the breakdown lane, but he was unable to avoid the Jeep, which struck the driver's side of the box truck, police said. The box truck continued into the breakdown land and flipped over onto the passenger side a short distance off the roadway.
Police said Nichols saw the box truck and swerved to the center of the road to avoid striking the box truck and was struck on the passenger side with what appeared to be the rear of the Jeep after it struck the box truck, police said.
Winchester was assisted at the scene by Swanzey firefighters, Keene and Diluzio ambulance services, state police, and the Cheshire County Sheriff's Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
License revocations for DWI announced