Home » News » Public Safety
Hassan visits NH Ball Bearings; reports 'relatively isolated' damage
"It seems like the damage is relatively isolated to a relatively small part of the plant," she told reporters when she returned to the State House a short while ago.
She said assessments are being made on whether there was structural damage but officials "hope to have the plant at least partially operating in a matter of days."
She said that "all things considered, it wasn't as bad as it might have been," but at the same time stressed concern about the injured workers and those who are left unable to work due to the damage at the facility.
She said she was unable to enter the plant due to the damage.
Hassan said officials there are "just finishing up the documentation stage and are getting to the investigation and looking into how long it will be to get at least part of the plant back up and operating."
She said state economic development officials are ready to help find additional space for plant operations to resume if that is needed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Jacob Brown - 0
- 2 dead, at least 18 injured in NYC building explosion - 1
- Milan voters support Kenney in tight race, elect two new selectmen - 0
- Auburn police contract approved - 0
- Newton selectmen chairman defeated in election - 0
- Candia to look at alternatives to Central High School - 0
- Goffstown rejects $4.5M fire station plan - 0
- Bedford votes down fire substation; $30M for roads approved - 0
NH oil dealer who failed to deliver convicted in Montana of millions in construction fraud
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal