Home » News » Public Safety
Hassan visits NH Ball Bearings; reports 'relatively isolated' damage
"It seems like the damage is relatively isolated to a relatively small part of the plant," she told reporters when she returned to the State House a short while ago.
She said assessments are being made on whether there was structural damage but officials "hope to have the plant at least partially operating in a matter of days."
She said that "all things considered, it wasn't as bad as it might have been," but at the same time stressed concern about the injured workers and those who are left unable to work due to the damage at the facility.
She said she was unable to enter the plant due to the damage.
Hassan said officials there are "just finishing up the documentation stage and are getting to the investigation and looking into how long it will be to get at least part of the plant back up and operating."
She said state economic development officials are ready to help find additional space for plant operations to resume if that is needed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair rescues dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior