4x4 trail at Jericho Mountain will be first in state park
Volunteers from the Milan-based North Woods Off-Road Club, under the auspices of the New Hampshire Bureau of Trails, hope by late May to begin cutting a 2.5-mile, gut-and transmission-wrenching off-road course in Jericho Mountain State Park.
Located off Route 110 west of downtown Berlin, Jericho Mountain State Park was created in 2005 with the express goal of becoming the first network of ATV (all-terrain vehicle) trails on state land. The Bureau of Trails envisioned a place where ATVs, UTVs (utility task vehicles, small, four-wheel-drive craft with two-across seating for up to four passengers), mountain bikes, and snowmobiles could frolic. Also in the plan, said Chris Gamache, who is the bureau’s chief, was a 4x4 trail.
The trailhead will be off the visitor-center parking lot at Jericho Mountain. Except for the entrance and exit, the trail will be one-directional.
For safety, every obstacle, be it a hulking boulder or a tanktrap-like chasm, will have what Pouliot called a “go-around.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Taylor Momsen on going from 'Grinch', 'Gossip Girl' to provocative, powerhouse rocker - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Wine Week - a few more Spectacular samples - 0
- Guitar Maestro Uli John Roth performs in Londonderry in advance of March Release of 'Scorpions Revisited' a Double-Disc Collection of Re-Imagined Scorpions Classics - 0
- Councilor refuses to let blindness thwart his commitment to Bedford - 0
- Announcing the 2015 Country Megaticket at the XFinity Center - 0
- Tri-state Reciprocal Snowmobile Weekend - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Hosts Groundbreaking Ski & Snowboard Camp Partnerships - 0
- Londonderry blood drive scheduled for Friday - 0
- More information coming on Plaistow commuter rail station Wednesday - 0
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
Enter to win tickets to see Nickelback
Entitlement fights: Losing the big picture
For many, snow day means no-pay day
Fleeing France: Tax cuts follow Socialism
20150128-New Hampshire legislator files bill to fire public officials that violate state's sovereignty
NH wants cost cap on transmission project