4x4 trail at Jericho Mountain will be first in state park
Volunteers from the Milan-based North Woods Off-Road Club, under the auspices of the New Hampshire Bureau of Trails, hope by late May to begin cutting a 2.5-mile, gut-and transmission-wrenching off-road course in Jericho Mountain State Park.
Located off Route 110 west of downtown Berlin, Jericho Mountain State Park was created in 2005 with the express goal of becoming the first network of ATV (all-terrain vehicle) trails on state land. The Bureau of Trails envisioned a place where ATVs, UTVs (utility task vehicles, small, four-wheel-drive craft with two-across seating for up to four passengers), mountain bikes, and snowmobiles could frolic. Also in the plan, said Chris Gamache, who is the bureau’s chief, was a 4x4 trail.
The trailhead will be off the visitor-center parking lot at Jericho Mountain. Except for the entrance and exit, the trail will be one-directional.
For safety, every obstacle, be it a hulking boulder or a tanktrap-like chasm, will have what Pouliot called a “go-around.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cheryl Kimball's Natute Talks: What gives some animals night vision? - 0
- NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Windham committee thinks water may be key to lower taxes - 0
- Three beloved performers come together for Folk Summit - 0
- Classic Rock Roll Of Honour: Live Performances Announced for 11/4 Ceremony From Kings Of Chaos, California Breed, Rival Sons & Scott Weiland & The Wildabouts - 0
- Salem board honors former superintendent - 0
- Subdivision road work in Salem under scrutiny - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Concord Grange readying for Christmas parade - 0
- Student's service project honors mom fighting MS - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Pats Peak previews winter with fall fun
Classic Rock Roll Of Honour: Live Performances Announced for 11/4 Ceremony From Kings Of Chaos, California Breed, Rival Sons & Scott Weiland & The Wildabouts