Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
4x4 trail at Jericho Mountain will be first in state park
Volunteers from the Milan-based North Woods Off-Road Club, under the auspices of the New Hampshire Bureau of Trails, hope by late May to begin cutting a 2.5-mile, gut-and transmission-wrenching off-road course in Jericho Mountain State Park.
Located off Route 110 west of downtown Berlin, Jericho Mountain State Park was created in 2005 with the express goal of becoming the first network of ATV (all-terrain vehicle) trails on state land. The Bureau of Trails envisioned a place where ATVs, UTVs (utility task vehicles, small, four-wheel-drive craft with two-across seating for up to four passengers), mountain bikes, and snowmobiles could frolic. Also in the plan, said Chris Gamache, who is the bureau’s chief, was a 4x4 trail.
The trailhead will be off the visitor-center parking lot at Jericho Mountain. Except for the entrance and exit, the trail will be one-directional.
For safety, every obstacle, be it a hulking boulder or a tanktrap-like chasm, will have what Pouliot called a “go-around.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Hampshire events starting on July 13 - 0
- Family center in Nashua offers workshop, play date - 0
- Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain - 1
- Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here - 0
- Cormac Ashe Toland born in June in Manchester - 0
- July 4th fireworks a reminder of need to protect dogs from noise - 0
- Locals, big names alike praise NH Seacoast's wave culture - 0
- 2 from NH graduate from Air Force training - 0
- Engagement of Currier-Williams - 0
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man