4x4 trail at Jericho Mountain will be first in state park
Volunteers from the Milan-based North Woods Off-Road Club, under the auspices of the New Hampshire Bureau of Trails, hope by late May to begin cutting a 2.5-mile, gut-and transmission-wrenching off-road course in Jericho Mountain State Park.
Located off Route 110 west of downtown Berlin, Jericho Mountain State Park was created in 2005 with the express goal of becoming the first network of ATV (all-terrain vehicle) trails on state land. The Bureau of Trails envisioned a place where ATVs, UTVs (utility task vehicles, small, four-wheel-drive craft with two-across seating for up to four passengers), mountain bikes, and snowmobiles could frolic. Also in the plan, said Chris Gamache, who is the bureau’s chief, was a 4x4 trail.
The trailhead will be off the visitor-center parking lot at Jericho Mountain. Except for the entrance and exit, the trail will be one-directional.
For safety, every obstacle, be it a hulking boulder or a tanktrap-like chasm, will have what Pouliot called a “go-around.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alice Cooper 'Raise The Dead – Live From Wacken' DVD out October 21 in North America via UDR Music - 0
- Joan Osborne & The Weight: Members of The Band in Plymouth next weekend - 0
- Signature Chefs Auction® Honors Manchester's Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield - 0
- Five Finger Death Punch co-headlining Fall arena tour with Volbeat kicks off today, hits Lowell September 26 - 0
- Win tickets to see Kip Moore - 0
- Win tickets to see Demi Lovato - 0
- Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio - 0
- Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads - 0
- Win tickets to see Tower of Power - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children