Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Man accused of hitting Salem officer in leg with vehicle
Shortly before 7:30 p.m. on Monday evening, two police officers were investigating a report of a suspicious person in the area of 75 South Policy St., according to Lt. Ron Peddle. A resident called and told police that an apparently intoxicated man was at his door asking for directions.
The police officers stopped the truck on Muse Terrace, a dead-end street. However, the driver then drove away from the officers, made a U-turn, and pointed his truck at the officers while revving the engine.
Both officers attempted to pursue the truck, but lost sight of it in the area of Pleasant Street and South Policy Road.
Lowell police were notified, and they sent a photograph of the owner’s boyfriend, David Babcock, who was identified as the driver of the truck by the two police officers, according to Peddle.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 31
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 1
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917