Thomas More College buys Nashua property
“We are very close to reaching our maximum capacity with the buildings we have on our Merrimack campus. This purchase is an attempt to find a solution for our middle-term growth,” said William Fahey, president of the college. “This building answers our concerns beautifully.”
Fahey said he would probably not describe the new Nashua site as a satellite campus but does acknowledge it is an expansion of the school.
“I wish to welcome them to the neighborhood,” he said, adding it is a beautiful building.
“We believe that given other realistic options, the continued use of the property as a school is excellent. Dr. Fahey was forthright, and is likely to be a good neighbor and caretaker of the property at 90 Concord St.,” said a letter written by several abutters to Roger Houston of the city’s planning department.The letter went on to say that the operations of the college would have minimal impact on the neighborhood and might even improve it.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Is the Islamic State really un-Islamic? - 1
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama's uncertain trumpet, again - 0
- Maureen McDonald: Ray Rice and the everyday problem of domestic violence - 1
- Another View -- Jason Bedrick: An important court victory for parents and taxpayers - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Mob rule economics is bad for everyone - 8
- George Will: Eviscerating the 1st Amendment is extremism - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children