Home » News » Public Safety
Woodstove causes Plaistow fire
Firefighters quickly extinguished a morning fire at 5 Glendale Circle in Plaistow. (Adam Swift)
The call for the one-alarm fire came into the Plaistow Fire Department shortly after 9 a.m.
"The crews were here fairly quickly and it was a quick knockdown," said Fire Chief John McArdle.
There were no injuries as a result of the fire, but the owner was carried out because she wasn't wearing any shoes, according to the chief. She was taken to a neighbor's house while crews fought the fire.
Initially, the owner thought the fire originated in the woodstove she was cleaning.
However, McArdle said ashes placed in a metal bin caught onto some nearby wood, leading to the fire. The fire worked its way through the wall, but was contained to the second floor kitchen.
By 10:30 a.m., fire crews had cleared the scene and insurance adjustors were on hand to appraise the damage.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 39
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads