Home » News » Public Safety
Woodstove causes Plaistow fire
Firefighters quickly extinguished a morning fire at 5 Glendale Circle in Plaistow. (Adam Swift)
The call for the one-alarm fire came into the Plaistow Fire Department shortly after 9 a.m.
"The crews were here fairly quickly and it was a quick knockdown," said Fire Chief John McArdle.
There were no injuries as a result of the fire, but the owner was carried out because she wasn't wearing any shoes, according to the chief. She was taken to a neighbor's house while crews fought the fire.
Initially, the owner thought the fire originated in the woodstove she was cleaning.
However, McArdle said ashes placed in a metal bin caught onto some nearby wood, leading to the fire. The fire worked its way through the wall, but was contained to the second floor kitchen.
By 10:30 a.m., fire crews had cleared the scene and insurance adjustors were on hand to appraise the damage.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 3
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 26
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m