NH man moves up ranks in 'American Idol' competiton
Preston, 20, secured a coveted spot in the show's top 15 males chosen to move on to next week's live performance.
Before Preston was told he made the top 15 group of males, he told the judges, "Honestly, I didn't really think I'd make it this far because my style is so much different, and I didn't know if it would be taken to in this positive way."
"You have an unusual thing — it is not something that comes through Idol all of the time," Urban told Preston, who has dropped his last name of Philbrick on the show. "I'm glad that you've made it this far, but we just can't take everybody."
"Oh my gosh, really?" asked a stunned and visibly relieved Preston. "Thank you so much."
Following the decision, Preston told the cameras that the opportunity to continue performing on Idol means everything to him.
Preston took a break from Hollywood and returned home to perform for students and staff Tuesday at Souhegan High School before his flight back to Los Angeles.
"If you have a dream, well, you only live once. I know that sounds cliche," he said. "Why wouldn't you go after something you love?"
"I am hoping for the best — that is all you can do at this point," he said.
Preston is a self-proclaimed band nerd who plays 12 instruments and was a member of the local band Undertow.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.