Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Barefoot man chases down, stops car full of elderly women
MANCHESTER — A barefoot man who told police he was at war with them was arrested Wednesday night after he chased after a car full of elderly women, forcing it to a stop in the middle of Union Street.
Damaka Opgah, 28, of 346 Spruce St., was arrested after he knelt down in front of the car, yelled at the women inside, whom he did not know, and then refused to move when an officer arrived, police said.
Patrol Officer Raymond Youngs saw the barefoot Opgah running north on Union Street, chasing after the car and forcing it to stop.
Opgah allegedly told the officers to continue “Tasing” him because it had little to no effect on him.
Opgah continued to be combative and boisterous through the booking process at the police station.
The driver and the unidentified passengers left the area shortly after Opgah was arrested.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- 3 men arrested for burglarizing car dealer - 0
- Alleged lip-biter faces more charges - 0
- Child left unattended while trio overdosed on heroin - 0
- Compounding company officials charged with murder - 0
- 'Resilient' teen has a long road to recovery - 0
- Kibby indictments detail months of depraved sexual violence and torture - 0
- Treasurer arraigned in theft from wool growers - 0
- Pet store burglary arrest leads to robbery charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
- Derry fire chief is retiring - 0
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483