Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Barefoot man chases down, stops car full of elderly women
MANCHESTER — A barefoot man who told police he was at war with them was arrested Wednesday night after he chased after a car full of elderly women, forcing it to a stop in the middle of Union Street.
Damaka Opgah, 28, of 346 Spruce St., was arrested after he knelt down in front of the car, yelled at the women inside, whom he did not know, and then refused to move when an officer arrived, police said.
Patrol Officer Raymond Youngs saw the barefoot Opgah running north on Union Street, chasing after the car and forcing it to stop.
Opgah allegedly told the officers to continue “Tasing” him because it had little to no effect on him.
Opgah continued to be combative and boisterous through the booking process at the police station.
The driver and the unidentified passengers left the area shortly after Opgah was arrested.
READER COMMENTS: 16
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Total Votes: 917