Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Death on lake leads to years in prison
Eric Cable, 34, apologized to the family of Brendan Yerry Thursday at the close of his two-hour sentencing hearing in Rockingham County Superior Court.
But Judge Marguerite Wageling chided him for failing to take responsibility for causing Yerry's death, noting it was a stance that Cable maintained even after a jury convicted him in December of two counts of negligent homicide.
"You took no time to care or protect those individuals," Wageling said.
"This is the thing that all mothers have nightmares about," she said. "I will never be whole again. I will never be the person I was before."
Defense lawyer Peter Anderson argued for a 12-month jail sentence, saying that no good would come of Cable spending any significant amount of time in prison.
Assistant County Attorney Jerome Blanchard asked the judge to consider Cable's testimony at trial that he did no wrong. Even a few days after Yerry's death, Blanchard said, Cable called Yerry's mother, telling her that "they are trying to put this on me."
Seth Alie, a Marine Patrol sergeant who arrested Cable, testified Thursday about seeing Cable drunk at a motocross event in Fremont in October 2012, weeks after he was charged. A friend of Cable's testified he wasn't intoxicated at the time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal