Pinkerton students make gains in reading, writing test scores
The scores rose sharply in writing, going up 15 percent, and increased by 3 percent in reading, according to administrators.
It isn’t easy, but all of the hard work in the classroom is resulting in improved reading scores, Harper said.
As for math, Pinkerton students scored at approximately the same level as the rest of the state, Harper said.
To help students who may be struggling with math, the school has hired a specialist to work as a math coach. Math isn’t an easy subject for many of students, not just at Pinkerton, but at high schools across the state, Harper said.
“It’s not just taking a quadratic equation and factoring it, it’s an involved scenario,” Harper said.
As a real world example, he said, he recently ordered three cords of wood. When he checked the delivery, it seemed a little light, and he wasn’t sure if he had received three full cords. But after performing some calculations, he realized the order was correct.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The benefits of prudence - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Paul and Cruz vie to become Reagan's heir - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal education policies hurt minorities - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Yes, our paltry rainy day fund is a really big deal - 3
- Rep. Terie Norelli: New Hampshire workers deserve higher minimum wages - 2
- Les Bernal: Why don’t casino advocates and executives patronize casinos? - 5
- David Harsanyi: Do most Americans agree with Demsocrats? - 3
- Sam Cohen: ‘No compromise’ gun groups shoot themselves in the foot - 10
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 18
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal