Pinkerton students make gains in reading, writing test scores
The scores rose sharply in writing, going up 15 percent, and increased by 3 percent in reading, according to administrators.
It isn’t easy, but all of the hard work in the classroom is resulting in improved reading scores, Harper said.
As for math, Pinkerton students scored at approximately the same level as the rest of the state, Harper said.
To help students who may be struggling with math, the school has hired a specialist to work as a math coach. Math isn’t an easy subject for many of students, not just at Pinkerton, but at high schools across the state, Harper said.
“It’s not just taking a quadratic equation and factoring it, it’s an involved scenario,” Harper said.
As a real world example, he said, he recently ordered three cords of wood. When he checked the delivery, it seemed a little light, and he wasn’t sure if he had received three full cords. But after performing some calculations, he realized the order was correct.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- 'Economic patriotism'; tax rates and border jumpers - 3
- Do the job, leave; a NH candidate makes sense - 6
- Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH - 5
- Innis with terrorists? A low blow from Guinta - 2
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 12
- Ryan Pitts: Reluctant hero - 0
- Relief and questions: Abby Hernandez returns home - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 61
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 3
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 3
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 4
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
LNG plant put 'on hold'