Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
$21.8m plan to go to Newfound school district voters
School district officials propose an operating budget of $21,802,569. Voting will take place March 11 at town polls in Alexandria, Bridgewater, Bristol, Danbury, Groton, Hebron and New Hampton.
The increase in salaries will cost the district $277,225 in 2014-2015, the first year of the contract. It would cost $271,747 in the second year, and $312,479 in the third year.
The next article on the budget asks for a special meeting if Article 2 is defeated to address the cost items of the article. The school board recommends this article, 6-1, with New Hampton voting against it.
Article 6 asks the district for $51,840 for a school resource officer for Newfound Regional High School. The officer would be available to support all schools within the district and would be employed for the school year only.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 1
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate