Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
$21.8m plan to go to Newfound school district voters
School district officials propose an operating budget of $21,802,569. Voting will take place March 11 at town polls in Alexandria, Bridgewater, Bristol, Danbury, Groton, Hebron and New Hampton.
The increase in salaries will cost the district $277,225 in 2014-2015, the first year of the contract. It would cost $271,747 in the second year, and $312,479 in the third year.
The next article on the budget asks for a special meeting if Article 2 is defeated to address the cost items of the article. The school board recommends this article, 6-1, with New Hampton voting against it.
Article 6 asks the district for $51,840 for a school resource officer for Newfound Regional High School. The officer would be available to support all schools within the district and would be employed for the school year only.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two weekend robberies reported in Manchester, one committed by man in sling, 'Rocky Squirrel' hat - 0
- Man stabbed in leg in Manchester incident - 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 1
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown v. Shaheen: A tale of new polls - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats