Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Firefighters in Holderness, Sanbornton handle snow first
There were no injuries reported as crews battled a basement fire at 28 Threshing Mill Road in Sanbornton and at a student's dorm room at 33 Chapel St. in Holderness at Holderness School.
Firefighters were able to contain the small fire to the basement. It was caused by an overheated pellet stove, officials said, and minor damage was done to the basement.
"It looked like the student was cooking something and left," he said.
Sprinklers in the dormitory stopped the fire from spreading beyond the stove, Eastman said "There was a lot of water damage," he said. "The sprinklers saved it from becoming a bad situation. Instead, we just have a room and contents lost."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua’s State of the City speech postponed by snow - 0
- No major accidents reported in Goffstown - 0
- Expect Route 3A to be closed in Bow until 8 p.m. - 0
- I-93 at a standstill in Hooksett-Concord area - 0
- Dover offices and library close early Tuesday - 0
- Storm closes down town hall and cancels meetings in Farmington Tuesday - 0
- Belmont hearing on Route 106 road work postponed - 0
- Several accidents reported in Londonderry - 0
- Hudson's Rogers Memorial Library closes early - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire