Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Firefighters in Holderness, Sanbornton handle snow first
There were no injuries reported as crews battled a basement fire at 28 Threshing Mill Road in Sanbornton and at a student's dorm room at 33 Chapel St. in Holderness at Holderness School.
Firefighters were able to contain the small fire to the basement. It was caused by an overheated pellet stove, officials said, and minor damage was done to the basement.
"It looked like the student was cooking something and left," he said.
Sprinklers in the dormitory stopped the fire from spreading beyond the stove, Eastman said "There was a lot of water damage," he said. "The sprinklers saved it from becoming a bad situation. Instead, we just have a room and contents lost."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua’s State of the City speech postponed by snow - 0
- No major accidents reported in Goffstown - 0
- Expect Route 3A to be closed in Bow until 8 p.m. - 0
- I-93 at a standstill in Hooksett-Concord area - 0
- Dover offices and library close early Tuesday - 0
- Storm closes down town hall and cancels meetings in Farmington Tuesday - 0
- Belmont hearing on Route 106 road work postponed - 0
- Several accidents reported in Londonderry - 0
- Hudson's Rogers Memorial Library closes early - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
License revocations for DWI announced