Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Firefighters in Holderness, Sanbornton handle snow first
There were no injuries reported as crews battled a basement fire at 28 Threshing Mill Road in Sanbornton and at a student's dorm room at 33 Chapel St. in Holderness at Holderness School.
Firefighters were able to contain the small fire to the basement. It was caused by an overheated pellet stove, officials said, and minor damage was done to the basement.
"It looked like the student was cooking something and left," he said.
Sprinklers in the dormitory stopped the fire from spreading beyond the stove, Eastman said "There was a lot of water damage," he said. "The sprinklers saved it from becoming a bad situation. Instead, we just have a room and contents lost."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors