Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Nashua declares snow emergency starting at noon
NASHUA — The city has issued a snow emergency starting at noon Thursday.
Vehicles may not be parked on city streets from noon on Thursday until 8 a.m. on Friday, according to Justin Kates, director of emergency management.
“The snow emergency may be adjusted if weather conditions change,” he said in a statement. “The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning and is expecting between 10 and 14 inches of snow in the Nashua area.”
Kates warned that because of the extended timing of the storm, school sidewalk routes will likely not be cleared for the start of school on Friday and asked residents to plan accordingly.
“It is very challenging to keep streets clear with snowstorm conditions. If possible, please remain off the roads during this time for your safety, and to make room for equipment working to keep roads open,” he said.
Although cars may not park on the street or in municipal surface lots during the snow emergency, free parking is available at the Elm Street and High Street parking garages, explained Kates.
Any vehicles that remain parked on city streets may be towed, and it will cost owners $295 to retrieve their vehicles at the city landfill.
The public works snow line at 589-4795 is available for up-to-date information on the storm.
Nashua schools are not in session on Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 0
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 5
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
- George Will: Misreading Putin, and history - 4
- Rep. Kenneth Fredette: NH should avoid Maine’s Medicaid mistake - 5
- David Harsanyi: Social conservatives would benefit by embracing libertarianism - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 6
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief