Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Mother, daughter and friend charged with shoplifting at Walmart in Derry
Arrested on theft charges were: Maria Dacosta, 47, of 97 Palm St., Nashua, her daughter Amy Lefebvre, who lives with her mother, and friend Kourtney Kasko, 24, listed as homeless, Derry police Capt. Vern Thomas said in a press release Friday.
Police responded to the Walmart at 11 Ashleigh Drive on Wednesday afternoon for a report of three people allegedly shoplifting. Police said they were told by loss prevention staff that they saw three women taking items from shelves and concealing them in their purses.
Officers contacted the women and determined through an investigation that the three allegedly loaded various items into their purses, Thomas said. They then brought the items out to a car in the parking lot. After leaving the items in the vehicle, the women went back into the store to allegedly shoplift more items, Thomas said.
Police said they later seized a 1994 Toyota that they believe is connected to the alleged incident. After a search of the vehicle, police detectives seized 40 items believed stolen from Walmart and at least one other store in the area, Thomas said. The seized items included: sunglasses, cosmetics, household items and personnel care merchandise, Thomas said.
An estimated value of the items hasn't been determined yet, he said. Derry police detectives continue to investigate.
Decosta and Kasko were being held on $2,500 cash bail. Lefebvre was released on $2,000 personal recognizance bond and is scheduled to appear before the 10th Circuit Court-Derry District on March 6.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'