Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Mother, daughter and friend charged with shoplifting at Walmart in Derry
Arrested on theft charges were: Maria Dacosta, 47, of 97 Palm St., Nashua, her daughter Amy Lefebvre, who lives with her mother, and friend Kourtney Kasko, 24, listed as homeless, Derry police Capt. Vern Thomas said in a press release Friday.
Police responded to the Walmart at 11 Ashleigh Drive on Wednesday afternoon for a report of three people allegedly shoplifting. Police said they were told by loss prevention staff that they saw three women taking items from shelves and concealing them in their purses.
Officers contacted the women and determined through an investigation that the three allegedly loaded various items into their purses, Thomas said. They then brought the items out to a car in the parking lot. After leaving the items in the vehicle, the women went back into the store to allegedly shoplift more items, Thomas said.
Police said they later seized a 1994 Toyota that they believe is connected to the alleged incident. After a search of the vehicle, police detectives seized 40 items believed stolen from Walmart and at least one other store in the area, Thomas said. The seized items included: sunglasses, cosmetics, household items and personnel care merchandise, Thomas said.
An estimated value of the items hasn't been determined yet, he said. Derry police detectives continue to investigate.
Decosta and Kasko were being held on $2,500 cash bail. Lefebvre was released on $2,000 personal recognizance bond and is scheduled to appear before the 10th Circuit Court-Derry District on March 6.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483