Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Mother, daughter and friend charged with shoplifting at Walmart in Derry
Arrested on theft charges were: Maria Dacosta, 47, of 97 Palm St., Nashua, her daughter Amy Lefebvre, who lives with her mother, and friend Kourtney Kasko, 24, listed as homeless, Derry police Capt. Vern Thomas said in a press release Friday.
Police responded to the Walmart at 11 Ashleigh Drive on Wednesday afternoon for a report of three people allegedly shoplifting. Police said they were told by loss prevention staff that they saw three women taking items from shelves and concealing them in their purses.
Officers contacted the women and determined through an investigation that the three allegedly loaded various items into their purses, Thomas said. They then brought the items out to a car in the parking lot. After leaving the items in the vehicle, the women went back into the store to allegedly shoplift more items, Thomas said.
Police said they later seized a 1994 Toyota that they believe is connected to the alleged incident. After a search of the vehicle, police detectives seized 40 items believed stolen from Walmart and at least one other store in the area, Thomas said. The seized items included: sunglasses, cosmetics, household items and personnel care merchandise, Thomas said.
An estimated value of the items hasn't been determined yet, he said. Derry police detectives continue to investigate.
Decosta and Kasko were being held on $2,500 cash bail. Lefebvre was released on $2,000 personal recognizance bond and is scheduled to appear before the 10th Circuit Court-Derry District on March 6.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 4
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483