Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Mother, daughter and friend charged with shoplifting at Walmart in Derry
Arrested on theft charges were: Maria Dacosta, 47, of 97 Palm St., Nashua, her daughter Amy Lefebvre, who lives with her mother, and friend Kourtney Kasko, 24, listed as homeless, Derry police Capt. Vern Thomas said in a press release Friday.
Police responded to the Walmart at 11 Ashleigh Drive on Wednesday afternoon for a report of three people allegedly shoplifting. Police said they were told by loss prevention staff that they saw three women taking items from shelves and concealing them in their purses.
Officers contacted the women and determined through an investigation that the three allegedly loaded various items into their purses, Thomas said. They then brought the items out to a car in the parking lot. After leaving the items in the vehicle, the women went back into the store to allegedly shoplift more items, Thomas said.
Police said they later seized a 1994 Toyota that they believe is connected to the alleged incident. After a search of the vehicle, police detectives seized 40 items believed stolen from Walmart and at least one other store in the area, Thomas said. The seized items included: sunglasses, cosmetics, household items and personnel care merchandise, Thomas said.
An estimated value of the items hasn't been determined yet, he said. Derry police detectives continue to investigate.
Decosta and Kasko were being held on $2,500 cash bail. Lefebvre was released on $2,000 personal recognizance bond and is scheduled to appear before the 10th Circuit Court-Derry District on March 6.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
- Alleged home invasion accomplice says his testimony was coerced - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 9
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
- Total Votes: 917