Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Atkinson piano teacher charged with sexually assaulting student, 11
John Goodwin, 74, of 23 Academy Way, faces one count of aggravated felonious sexual assault.
Goodwin is the owner of Goodwin Music Academy, a business he runs out of his home.
Police Chief Al Brackett said the male victim was one of Goodwin's students.
The assault allegedly occurred between May 2002 and October 2005. Brackett said the victim was 11 at the time and came forward about three months ago.
While Goodwin is facing only one charge, Brackett said the investigation continues to determine whether additional charges will be filed.
When asked if there could be other victims, Brackett said, “Obviously as part of the investigation we will look into that.”
Goodwin was still operating his music business at the time of his arrest.
Police investigated the alleged assault over the past three months and arrested Goodwin at his home this morning.
After police showed up to make the arrest just before 8:30 a.m., Brackett said Goodwin became unresponsive and was transported by ambulance to Exeter Hospital for evaluation.
"There was no incident that precipitated it other than he became unresponsive and we found it necessary to call an ambulance to check on his condition," Brackett said.
Goodwin was conscious and breathing when he was sent to the hospital, where he remained early this afternoon.
Bail was set at $50,000 personal recognizance. He is due in court on March 17.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wintery weather doesn’t cut NH crime, but it can change it - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Police make arrest in Pembroke embezzlement case - 1
- Police seek robber of Nashua convenience store - 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 1
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 4
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 4
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Yet another must-win scenario for men's hockey team - 0
- Nashua mayor to aldermen: Don’t alter rules on city contracts - 0
- Merrimack-Trinity semifinal to be followed by Memorial-Central in Div. I basketball - 0
- Pinkerton-Londonderry rivalry set for Div. I hockey semifinal - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
- Board of Education to vote on Nashua North High principal - 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
For New Hampshire towns, it’s time to vote
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings