Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Atkinson piano teacher charged with sexually assaulting student, 11
John Goodwin, 74, of 23 Academy Way, faces one count of aggravated felonious sexual assault.
Goodwin is the owner of Goodwin Music Academy, a business he runs out of his home.
Police Chief Al Brackett said the male victim was one of Goodwin's students.
The assault allegedly occurred between May 2002 and October 2005. Brackett said the victim was 11 at the time and came forward about three months ago.
While Goodwin is facing only one charge, Brackett said the investigation continues to determine whether additional charges will be filed.
When asked if there could be other victims, Brackett said, “Obviously as part of the investigation we will look into that.”
Goodwin was still operating his music business at the time of his arrest.
Police investigated the alleged assault over the past three months and arrested Goodwin at his home this morning.
After police showed up to make the arrest just before 8:30 a.m., Brackett said Goodwin became unresponsive and was transported by ambulance to Exeter Hospital for evaluation.
"There was no incident that precipitated it other than he became unresponsive and we found it necessary to call an ambulance to check on his condition," Brackett said.
Goodwin was conscious and breathing when he was sent to the hospital, where he remained early this afternoon.
Bail was set at $50,000 personal recognizance. He is due in court on March 17.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Plaistow man in toddler abuse case indicted in jail assault - 0
- Salem man seeks sentence reduction in infant abuse case - 0
- Londonderry man sentenced to jail time following standoff - 0
- Four weekend business burglaries reported - 0
- Candia teen charged with burglarizing home - 1
- Hanover man arrested after incident in Dartmouth president's office - 0
- Pursuit ends with gun possession arrest - 0
- Mont Vernon man arrested for DWI after police find him slumped over wheel - 5
- Ex-Salem cop indicted for assault of pursuit suspect - 5
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat Hopefully, this too shall pass - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 1
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- NH doctors: There's more to Medicare list than meets the eye - 0
- Belmont students consider dropping 'offensive' mascot - 0
- Rindge to celebrate community policing award - 0
- Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers - 0
Facebook leads to career in social media
License revocations for DWI announced
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers
- Total Votes: 917