Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Hooksett’s default budget rises nearly $400,000
The default budget is $16,451,761, which is 1.17 percent — $194,766 — less than the town council’s recommended budget of $16,646,527, but nearly $400,000 more than the 2013-14 municipal budget.
Town councilors also voted on several proposed warrant articles, including a request for $180,000 to purchase an automated collection truck for the town’s recycling and transfer department, money that would be pulled from the Solid Waste Disposal Special Revenue Fund, and another $100,000 to be raised and placed in the Town Building Maintenance Capital Reserve Fund.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
GOP for legal pot? Supporters of legalization rallying behind NH gubernatorial candidate Hemingway