Home » News » Public Safety
Police investigating another possible heroin overdose in Salem
Shortly before 2:30 a.m., police and fire personnel responded to the Red Roof Inn off Pelham Road. Officers had to force their way into the room, according to Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten.
Salem detectives as well as the state’s medical examiner responded to the room, and detectives found what appeared to be heroin and drug paraphernalia, according to Patten.
The overdose comes on the heels of a number of drug arrests made by Salem police.
A little after midnight on Thursday, Pelham police arrested Michael Taylor, 24, of Pelham on Salem warrants for the sale and transportation of Oxycontin. Salem police took Taylor into custody, and he was later released on $10,000 cash bail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 0
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
- New parking system troubles businesses in downtown Bristol - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Where you go to college could be an issue at the polls - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters