Home » News » Public Safety
Middleton man seriously injured in Friday crash
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 12:45 p.m. after a southbound 1992 Chevy pick-up, driven by Paul Drake, 71, of 318 Silver St., struck a northbound 2005 Dodge Caravan, driven by Randy Talon, 51, of 33 Lincoln Rd.
Following an initial investigation, police believe Drake lost control of his truck while driving through some slush which cresting a hill. The truck drove into the oncoming lane and struck the Caravan before going into a snowbank and hitting several trees, according to police.
While Talon and his passenger escaped injuries, Drake "suffered serious undisclosed injuries," according to police.
A helicopter was requested, a landing zone was established at New England Furniture, along Route 11 in Farmington, but the helicopter was unable to respond due to wind conditions, according to police.
As a result, Drake was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester by crews from Farmington Ambulance and paramedics from Frisbie.
While Drake was not at Frisbie as of Friday evening, it remains unclear what the nature of his injuries were, what his condition is and whether he was released or transferred to another facility.
The pick-up was towed from the scene and a cat which was inside the vehicle was taken to Cocheco Veterinary Hospital in Farmington.
While the accident remains under investigation, police believe speed, alcohol or drugs were not involved in this collision.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 4
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former New London police chief settles with female accuser - 0
- Alleged parental kidnapper arraigned, ordered held on $250,000 cash bail - 0
- Reports: Celtics near completion of Rondo deal - 0
- Grid coach Cote, BG go their separate ways - 0
- Former owners of 'casualty' of Northern Pass file appeal - 0
- Holiday sales may recover with help of deep discounts - 0
- Wall Street has best 2-day gain since 2011 on Fed optimism - 0
- State Employees Association declares impasse in bargaining - 2
- Shipyard to hire 715 in next year - 2
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose