Home » News » Public Safety
Middleton man seriously injured in Friday crash
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 12:45 p.m. after a southbound 1992 Chevy pick-up, driven by Paul Drake, 71, of 318 Silver St., struck a northbound 2005 Dodge Caravan, driven by Randy Talon, 51, of 33 Lincoln Rd.
Following an initial investigation, police believe Drake lost control of his truck while driving through some slush which cresting a hill. The truck drove into the oncoming lane and struck the Caravan before going into a snowbank and hitting several trees, according to police.
While Talon and his passenger escaped injuries, Drake "suffered serious undisclosed injuries," according to police.
A helicopter was requested, a landing zone was established at New England Furniture, along Route 11 in Farmington, but the helicopter was unable to respond due to wind conditions, according to police.
As a result, Drake was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester by crews from Farmington Ambulance and paramedics from Frisbie.
While Drake was not at Frisbie as of Friday evening, it remains unclear what the nature of his injuries were, what his condition is and whether he was released or transferred to another facility.
The pick-up was towed from the scene and a cat which was inside the vehicle was taken to Cocheco Veterinary Hospital in Farmington.
While the accident remains under investigation, police believe speed, alcohol or drugs were not involved in this collision.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 2
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too