Home » News » Public Safety
Middleton man seriously injured in Friday crash
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 12:45 p.m. after a southbound 1992 Chevy pick-up, driven by Paul Drake, 71, of 318 Silver St., struck a northbound 2005 Dodge Caravan, driven by Randy Talon, 51, of 33 Lincoln Rd.
Following an initial investigation, police believe Drake lost control of his truck while driving through some slush which cresting a hill. The truck drove into the oncoming lane and struck the Caravan before going into a snowbank and hitting several trees, according to police.
While Talon and his passenger escaped injuries, Drake "suffered serious undisclosed injuries," according to police.
A helicopter was requested, a landing zone was established at New England Furniture, along Route 11 in Farmington, but the helicopter was unable to respond due to wind conditions, according to police.
As a result, Drake was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester by crews from Farmington Ambulance and paramedics from Frisbie.
While Drake was not at Frisbie as of Friday evening, it remains unclear what the nature of his injuries were, what his condition is and whether he was released or transferred to another facility.
The pick-up was towed from the scene and a cat which was inside the vehicle was taken to Cocheco Veterinary Hospital in Farmington.
While the accident remains under investigation, police believe speed, alcohol or drugs were not involved in this collision.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten