Home » News » Public Safety
Groveton man involved in fatal Vermont crash
Police said Robert Trombley, 45, of Lee, Mass., had struck a guardrail with his tractor trailer shortly after 10 a.m. Friday on Interstate 91 in Fairlee. The truck was stopped in the middle of the interstate and blocking both lanes, police said.
Trombley was “standing in the travel portion” of the road when he and the truck were hit by a 2013 Ford Focus driven by Michael Phillips, 56, of Groveton, N.H., during whiteout conditions, police said. Another car, driven by Patrick Covey, 28, of Newbury, also struck the back of the tractor trailer, police said.
Trombley was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H., where he was pronounced dead. Phillips suffered a minor injury and Covey was not injured, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
- Manchester chief now one of 2 finalists for Somerville post - 0
- Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long - 11
- Jaffrey fire at transfer station - 0
- Manchester police chief a finalist for Somerville job - 2
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms