Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester man sent to hospital after being struck by car Thursday night
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 10:52 p.m. after a 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora, driven by James Joyce, 28, of 42 East Pasture Road, Berwick, Maine, drove across the road, struck a pedestrian and crashed into a utility pole at the intersection of Old Dover Road and Lowell Street.
The pedestrian, John Hughes, 47, of 48 Gooseberry Circle in Rochester, was walking along the opposite side of the road when the accident happened.
Hughes was sent to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for minor injuries, the car sustained heavy front end damage and was towed from the scene.
As police continue to investigate the accident, anyone with information can contact Officer Justin Livingstone at the Rochester Police Department at (603) 330-7128.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 6
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief