Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester man sent to hospital after being struck by car Thursday night
While the driver of this Oldsmobile Aurora escaped injuries, a pedestrian who was struck during an accident along Lowell Street in Rochester Thursday night sustained minor injuries. (Courtesy photo)
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 10:52 p.m. after a 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora, driven by James Joyce, 28, of 42 East Pasture Road, Berwick, Maine, drove across the road, struck a pedestrian and crashed into a utility pole at the intersection of Old Dover Road and Lowell Street.
The pedestrian, John Hughes, 47, of 48 Gooseberry Circle in Rochester, was walking along the opposite side of the road when the accident happened.
Hughes was sent to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for minor injuries, the car sustained heavy front end damage and was towed from the scene.
As police continue to investigate the accident, anyone with information can contact Officer Justin Livingstone at the Rochester Police Department at (603) 330-7128.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you