Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Police say UNH lecturer killed man, self
Eric Paul Engel, 43, allegedly shot and killed former family friend Aleksander "Lenny" Wysocki, 74, in Cary on Friday, according to police there.
Cary police believe Engel then killed himself in Dunnellon, Fla., and are awaiting an autopsy to confirm his identity.
"At this point, we feel confident that there is an end to the Wysocki tragedy," said Criminal Investigations Division Capt. Don Hamilton. "As we said earlier, we did not believe this was a random act, and based on evidence we cannot disclose at this point, we are confident Engel is the man who shot Wysocki."
Cary police said Wysocki was killed about 8:30 a.m. Friday; a neighbor heard a gunshot at Wysocki's home. Police found the wounded Wysocki in a side yard and took him to Duke University Medical Center in Durham, N.C., where he was pronounced dead.
Engel was hired as a lecturer in August and taught three courses at UNH, said Erika Mantz, the school's director of communications. She said the school will work over this weekend to find a replacement lecturer for his courses.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483