Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police say UNH lecturer killed man, self
Eric Paul Engel, 43, allegedly shot and killed former family friend Aleksander "Lenny" Wysocki, 74, in Cary on Friday, according to police there.
Cary police believe Engel then killed himself in Dunnellon, Fla., and are awaiting an autopsy to confirm his identity.
"At this point, we feel confident that there is an end to the Wysocki tragedy," said Criminal Investigations Division Capt. Don Hamilton. "As we said earlier, we did not believe this was a random act, and based on evidence we cannot disclose at this point, we are confident Engel is the man who shot Wysocki."
Cary police said Wysocki was killed about 8:30 a.m. Friday; a neighbor heard a gunshot at Wysocki's home. Police found the wounded Wysocki in a side yard and took him to Duke University Medical Center in Durham, N.C., where he was pronounced dead.
Engel was hired as a lecturer in August and taught three courses at UNH, said Erika Mantz, the school's director of communications. She said the school will work over this weekend to find a replacement lecturer for his courses.
READER COMMENTS: 17
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 40
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917