Home » News » Public Safety
Family, pet cat safe after Concord fire
Fire Chief Daniel Andrus said the fire destroyed the garage and caused "extensive damage" to the attached wall of the house. It also damaged the breezeway and left the kitchen and other parts of the home with smoke damage.
But the family's biggest concern, he said, was Penelope, the kitten they'd had for just a week.
"One of our firefighters went inside and located the kitten and brought it out to a very, very happy family," he said. "The kitten is just fine and was kind of entertained by all of the activity going on."
Andrus said fire investigators were at the scene, trying to determine what started the fire.
He said the homeowners, their 10-year-old son and his kitten are staying with relatives while repairs are made to the home.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus