Home » News » Public Safety
Family, pet cat safe after Concord fire
Fire Chief Daniel Andrus said the fire destroyed the garage and caused "extensive damage" to the attached wall of the house. It also damaged the breezeway and left the kitchen and other parts of the home with smoke damage.
But the family's biggest concern, he said, was Penelope, the kitten they'd had for just a week.
"One of our firefighters went inside and located the kitten and brought it out to a very, very happy family," he said. "The kitten is just fine and was kind of entertained by all of the activity going on."
Andrus said fire investigators were at the scene, trying to determine what started the fire.
He said the homeowners, their 10-year-old son and his kitten are staying with relatives while repairs are made to the home.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 1
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 1
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police search for bank robber - 0
- Police investigating possible stabbing of man, 22, on Lake Avenue - 0
- As city health costs soar, ‘wellness’ post pushed in Manchester - 9
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents