Home » Opinion » Editorials
Manchester coverups: School board needs to come clean
The board refers all questions to Superintendent Debra Livingston, who says, essentially, that the public should go away. This, after all, is a "personnel matter." And such things are just not to be discussed.
She wasn't in office when Mailhot was selected at Central; nor was she here when West High Principal MaryEllen McGorry "resigned" under similar murky circumstances.
The school board and Livingston may think they are doing the correct and legally safe thing with these "resignations" and "personnel matter" coverups. They are not. They are sorely undermining public confidence and allowing the worst possible rumors to spread like poison.
If that means airing dirty laundry and spending money on litigation, so be it.
The people would rather have that than be patted on the head and told to run along, there is nothing to see here.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton Academy tops Hanover High in 'Granite State Challenge' - 0
- Manchester Central High’s John Rist, back in charge, wipes slate clean for some - 0
- Keene State College grad taking science study to new heights on Mount Everest - 0
- School group favors opening JROTC at Nashua high school - 0
- Athletics Dept. employee at UNH fired over 'invasion of privacy' - 0
- Loeb School spring classes include travel writing - 0
- Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors' - 0
- Salem to decide fate of $75m school proposal - 0
- Allenstown parents mobilize to stave off $1 million school budget cut - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
- Mass. ER staffers to describe day of Boston Marathon bombings - 0
- College Roundup: UNH men ousted from hoop tourney - 0
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua