Home » Opinion » Editorials
Manchester coverups: School board needs to come clean
The board refers all questions to Superintendent Debra Livingston, who says, essentially, that the public should go away. This, after all, is a "personnel matter." And such things are just not to be discussed.
She wasn't in office when Mailhot was selected at Central; nor was she here when West High Principal MaryEllen McGorry "resigned" under similar murky circumstances.
The school board and Livingston may think they are doing the correct and legally safe thing with these "resignations" and "personnel matter" coverups. They are not. They are sorely undermining public confidence and allowing the worst possible rumors to spread like poison.
If that means airing dirty laundry and spending money on litigation, so be it.
The people would rather have that than be patted on the head and told to run along, there is nothing to see here.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 19
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 3
- All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so - 16
- Taxi fail: City regulations don't work - 15
- Nanny knows best? Don't count on it - 2
- Walmart traffic: Does the city have a plan? - 4
- Politicizing rape: An injustice for everyone - 9
- NH House choices: Jasper makes good selections - 12
- Better federal budgeting: GOP's chance to show it can govern - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 0
- Hampstead home invasion suspect wants evidence tossed - 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Vermont's disaster: A Obamedy of errors
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose