Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Lot in a name, so we want to get them right
Some folks in Boscawen might take umbrage that someone thinks their hometown was named after a milk flavoring.
(Fear not. I threw in that last one just to enrage my friend, John D. Harrigan of South Hill Safaries in Colebrook. As he constantly reminds one and all, it is actually pronounced "Co-oss," not to be confused with chaos, which Harrigan sometimes causes.
Such uncertainty is understandable in a world where the rules of toothpaste for toddlers keeps changing.
I am lucky if I can get grandsons Ike, Mike and Spike to stand still long enough to get the toothbrushes out. Figuring out who has the Thomas the Train one as opposed to the Cars one is beyond my pay grade.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Pinkerton: 'No surprises' on first day with additional Hooksett students - 1
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test