Future Business Leaders of America at Pinkerton Academy in Derry explore careers
FBLA students organized the event that was held at the school. During the session, they were able to ask business representatives such questions as how they got started and why they chose a particular field.
“The kids have done an amazing job, ” Smith said. “They were very responsible. They did a really good job getting the businesses together and moving the kids along. Overall, I think it was a success.”
Getting the businesses to come to the event was probably the most difficult part of the process, said Pinkerton senior Kelly Fitzsimmons, president of FBLA. She said the students made a number of calls before getting the five businesses to attend.
Recruiting at least one business was much easier, however, for Pinkerton senior Allyson DeCloux, also in FBLA. DeCloux said she has known Kerry’s Dance Center owner, Kerry Bacheller, as she dances at her studio.
Also helping organize the event was Pinkerton senior Amanda Joncas, who took photos.
Some business representatives said they were impressed by the students and would come back again if asked.
Bridge said she was asked how she got started in banking, whether or not she really liked it, and whether it was originally something she thought of doing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 2
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 1
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 12
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Tuition tax credits make a return