Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Derry man charged in Nashua gun incidents
NASHUA — A Derry man is accused of getting drunk on two different occasions and pointing loaded guns at two different people inside the same Cottage Avenue residence.
Joseph Blumenthal, 26, of 86 Blueberry Hill Road, was arrested Monday night by Nashua police and charged with two counts of reckless conduct, both class B felonies.
Police said they were called at 9 p.m. Monday for a report that Blumenthal had pointed a rifle at a 44-year-old man inside the Cottage Avenue home. Arriving officers discovered an intoxicated Blumenthal with a loaded firearm during an argument and arrested him.
While investigating that incident, police learned of an earlier incident two months ago when an intoxicated Blumenthal allegedly pointed a different firearm at a 32-year-old woman while inside the same residence. As a result, he was charged with the second count of reckless conduct.
Police recovered two guns.
Blumenthal is being held at the police station on $10,000 cash/surety bail pending arraignment Tuesday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief