Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Donation to fund new community center awaits Troy voting
The Samuel E. Paul Community Center would be built at the Samuel E. Paul War Memorial Recreation Area.
Before he moved to California he left money to the town to create the recreation area that is named in his honor.
“His son is carrying on, really just adding to that initial donation,” Matson said. “We’re very happy to have such a generous donation.”
The center would have a large main room with a divider for meetings, a full size kitchen, bathrooms, a cellar for storage and parking
“It’s going to provide us with a real nice building to have meetings and community events,” Matson said.
“My parents said he was always a very loving and honest and hardworking kind of guy,” Matson said.
Other donations are funding the project, but the large donation has invigorated the recreation committee and finished the needed funding.
Town meeting is scheduled for March 15.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy