Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Donation to fund new community center awaits Troy voting
The Samuel E. Paul Community Center would be built at the Samuel E. Paul War Memorial Recreation Area.
Before he moved to California he left money to the town to create the recreation area that is named in his honor.
“His son is carrying on, really just adding to that initial donation,” Matson said. “We’re very happy to have such a generous donation.”
The center would have a large main room with a divider for meetings, a full size kitchen, bathrooms, a cellar for storage and parking
“It’s going to provide us with a real nice building to have meetings and community events,” Matson said.
“My parents said he was always a very loving and honest and hardworking kind of guy,” Matson said.
Other donations are funding the project, but the large donation has invigorated the recreation committee and finished the needed funding.
Town meeting is scheduled for March 15.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Sugar Hill eyes money to fight Northern Pass - 1
- Natural gas bills almost double - 5
- Fuller Oil customers frustrated once more - 13
- Support for solar project in Monadnock Region sought - 0
- Iberdrola must file new application for Wild Meadows project - 1
- Heating pellets prove to be in short supply in NH - 13
- Wind farm firm puts application on hold to address safety issues at Groton site - 5
- Groton resident settles with wind farm company - 0
- Advertising campaign pushes for underground Northern Pass - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Playoff-contending Suns deal Celtics their 10th loss in 13 games - 0
- College Hockey: One goal is enough for UNH in opener - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops series opener - 0
- Div. III Boys' Hoop semis: Campbell upsets top seed - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hoop semis: Pembroke rolls into final - 0
- Driver charged with biting state trooper on I-93 - 0
- Wit flies at Wild Irish Breakfast in Nashua - 0
- Autopsy shows Rochester man shot by officers 3 times - 0
- NFL Roundup: Pats sign cornerback Browner - 0
14 people arrested in Nashua drug sweep
Manchester actress Kaleigh Cronin visits Jersey before heading to Big Apple's Great White Way with role in 'Cabaret'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown announces exploratory committee for US Senate run
NH Supreme Court: Protecting police from liability more important than rights of man wrongly accused of rape