Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Donation to fund new community center awaits Troy voting
The Samuel E. Paul Community Center would be built at the Samuel E. Paul War Memorial Recreation Area.
Before he moved to California he left money to the town to create the recreation area that is named in his honor.
“His son is carrying on, really just adding to that initial donation,” Matson said. “We’re very happy to have such a generous donation.”
The center would have a large main room with a divider for meetings, a full size kitchen, bathrooms, a cellar for storage and parking
“It’s going to provide us with a real nice building to have meetings and community events,” Matson said.
“My parents said he was always a very loving and honest and hardworking kind of guy,” Matson said.
Other donations are funding the project, but the large donation has invigorated the recreation committee and finished the needed funding.
Town meeting is scheduled for March 15.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 0
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser