Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Donation to fund new community center awaits Troy voting
The Samuel E. Paul Community Center would be built at the Samuel E. Paul War Memorial Recreation Area.
Before he moved to California he left money to the town to create the recreation area that is named in his honor.
“His son is carrying on, really just adding to that initial donation,” Matson said. “We’re very happy to have such a generous donation.”
The center would have a large main room with a divider for meetings, a full size kitchen, bathrooms, a cellar for storage and parking
“It’s going to provide us with a real nice building to have meetings and community events,” Matson said.
“My parents said he was always a very loving and honest and hardworking kind of guy,” Matson said.
Other donations are funding the project, but the large donation has invigorated the recreation committee and finished the needed funding.
Town meeting is scheduled for March 15.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'