Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Donation to fund new community center awaits Troy voting
The Samuel E. Paul Community Center would be built at the Samuel E. Paul War Memorial Recreation Area.
Before he moved to California he left money to the town to create the recreation area that is named in his honor.
“His son is carrying on, really just adding to that initial donation,” Matson said. “We’re very happy to have such a generous donation.”
The center would have a large main room with a divider for meetings, a full size kitchen, bathrooms, a cellar for storage and parking
“It’s going to provide us with a real nice building to have meetings and community events,” Matson said.
“My parents said he was always a very loving and honest and hardworking kind of guy,” Matson said.
Other donations are funding the project, but the large donation has invigorated the recreation committee and finished the needed funding.
Town meeting is scheduled for March 15.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: The 'experts' look down on you - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 10
- David Harsanyi: The two-state solution is dead - 1
- Pat Buchanan: A rogue President remakes America - 1
- Another View -- Max Boot: Six steps to a better strategy for defeating ISIS - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Wait, when did we finish talking about Gruber? - 4
- Charles Krauthammer: The climate pact swindle - 0
- Roger Simon: So why don't the media report better news? - 0
- George Will: Required reading on a Rockefeller - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 2
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 2
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
- College Roundup: Mabrey leads St. Anselm men; UNH tops BU - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection