Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Middleton residents weigh impact of school
About 60 residents and officials from Middleton took part in Saturday’s tour of the Kingswood Complex, which includes the Kingswood Region High School, the junior high school and the arts center.
During Middleton’s School District’s Deliberative Session on Feb. 8, Garry estimated that the tax impact of the $210,000 interest payment is $1.30 per $1,000 of valuated property.
The bond in Article 2 – which requires a 60 percent majority to pass – would also allocate $210,000 for the interest of the first year’s bond payment to build a new school for students in kindergarten through grade 6 along King’s Highway. It will only go into effect if the articles regarding withdrawing and the tuition agreement also are approved.
Stacy Trites, of Wolfeboro, who chairs the Gov. Wentworth Regional School Board, welcomed Middleton residents to the facility, which recently underwent major renovations. She added they are very proud of the results.
While Brookfield students attend Wolfeboro schools, the other five communities in Gov. Wentworth – including Effingham, New Durham, Ossipee, Tuftonboro and Wolfeboro – are educated locally before joining each other at Kingswood Regional Middle School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua’s State of the City speech postponed by snow - 0
- No major accidents reported in Goffstown - 0
- Expect Route 3A to be closed in Bow until 8 p.m. - 0
- I-93 at a standstill in Hooksett-Concord area - 0
- Dover offices and library close early Tuesday - 0
- Storm closes down town hall and cancels meetings in Farmington Tuesday - 0
- Belmont hearing on Route 106 road work postponed - 0
- Several accidents reported in Londonderry - 0
- Hudson's Rogers Memorial Library closes early - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus