Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Middleton residents weigh impact of school
About 60 residents and officials from Middleton took part in Saturday’s tour of the Kingswood Complex, which includes the Kingswood Region High School, the junior high school and the arts center.
During Middleton’s School District’s Deliberative Session on Feb. 8, Garry estimated that the tax impact of the $210,000 interest payment is $1.30 per $1,000 of valuated property.
The bond in Article 2 – which requires a 60 percent majority to pass – would also allocate $210,000 for the interest of the first year’s bond payment to build a new school for students in kindergarten through grade 6 along King’s Highway. It will only go into effect if the articles regarding withdrawing and the tuition agreement also are approved.
Stacy Trites, of Wolfeboro, who chairs the Gov. Wentworth Regional School Board, welcomed Middleton residents to the facility, which recently underwent major renovations. She added they are very proud of the results.
While Brookfield students attend Wolfeboro schools, the other five communities in Gov. Wentworth – including Effingham, New Durham, Ossipee, Tuftonboro and Wolfeboro – are educated locally before joining each other at Kingswood Regional Middle School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man