Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Dover declares emergency parking ban
DOVER – In preparation for Tuesday’s snowfall, the city plans to institute a parking ban Thursday morning to help keep the downtown clear.
The emergency parking ban, which is in addition to the citywide winter parking policies, is scheduled to be in effect from 1 to 6 a.m. in the downtown area. This will allow snow-removal crews, who have already begun preparations, to clear snow from the streets and sidewalks, according to a release by the city.
Vehicles parked downtown after 1 a.m. will be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense. During the emergency parking ban, vehicles may be parked in any city-controlled parking lot without a winter parking pass, according to the release.
A map of the area included in the emergency parking ban may be found at www.dover.nh.gov/policepdf/DnTnSnowEmergencyMap.pdf.
For more information, contact the City of Dover Parking Bureau at 516-2277 or by email at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'